This site is designed to help CLA Faculty with their questions, concerns and needs concerning graduate studies in the college.
Please contact Associate Dean of Research and Faculty Development and Graduate Studies, Dr. Cynthia Bowling, for any questions about matters pertaining to graduate programs within the College of Liberal Arts.
Office: Tichenor Hall 315
College of Liberal Arts Graduate Council
The council shall:
- Review and recommend requests for curriculum changes in CLA courses that may be taken for graduate credit
- Review and recommend approval of all proposals for new CLA graduate programs and modifications to existing programs
- Review existing CLA graduate programs (e.g., college/academic program reviews, accreditation reviews)
- Recommend regulations and policies to the Graduate Schools Graduate Council
- Select the College's outstanding graduate students
- Nominate a CLA graduate faculty member for the Distinguished Graduate Faculty Lectureship
- Prepare agenda/program for CLA graduate program officer meetings
- Develop recommendations to grow CLA graduate programs
Faculty: One graduate faculty member from each of the three areas in the College with graduate programs and one graduate faculty at-large member. Terms are three years.
Graduate Student: One graduate student enrolled in one of the CLA graduate programs. Term is one year, renewable for an additional term.
Continuing/Ex-officio: Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies as Chair
Last Updated: January 29, 2019