Advanced Standing Program Curriculum
Advanced Standing MSW Program
Students who have earned an undergraduate degree in social work from a program that is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education may qualify for admission to the MSW Advanced Standing Program. Classes can be taken in a full-time or part-time format. It typically takes 1 year / 3 semesters (full-time) or 2 years (part-time) to complete the 39 credit-hour program.
Students will complete one internship, an advanced clinical placement (512 hours) that focuses on the development of advanced clinical social work practice skills. This internship will be completed in a part-time format across two semesters.
Curriculum Requirements (39 hours)
- SOWO 7020: Psychopathology (3)
- SOWO 7030: Evaluation in Social Work Practice (3)
- SOWO 7010: Advanced Clinical Practice (3)
- SOWO 7930: Advanced Field (12)
- SOWO 7950: Integrative Seminar (3)
- SOWO Electives (15)
Last Updated: July 29, 2020