The Advanced Standing Program (39 hours) is for students who have earned an undergraduate degree in social work from a program that is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
The program can be completed in a full-time or part-time format.
Full-time enrollment is 3 consecutive semesters or 1 year.
Part-time enrollment is 6 consecutive semesters or 2 years. The part-time program is ideal for individuals who are working and balancing multiple life demands.
Students will complete one internship—an advanced clinical placement (512 hours) that focuses on the development of advanced clinical social work practice skills. This internship will be completed in a part-time format across two semesters.
Curriculum Requirements (39 hours)
- SOWO 7020: Psychopathology (3)
- SOWO 7030: Evaluation in Social Work Practice (3)
- SOWO 7010: Advanced Clinical Practice (3)
- SOWO 7940: Advanced Field I (6)
- SOWO 7960: Advanced Field II (6)
- SOWO 7950: Integrative Seminar (3)
- SOWO Electives (15)
Download a sample plan of study.