The School of Communication and Journalism admits students for the fall and spring semesters. To be given full consideration for admission completed applications and supporting documents should be received by the appropriate due date. Applications may be considered after those dates, but decisions will be contingent on availability. You can see a list of required documents below.
- The program only takes applications for Fall admission.
- For fall admission all documents should be received by May 15.
- Applications may be submitted after May 15th, but they may not be reviewed until the next application cycle.
In order to be considered for admission students must submit the following:
- Undergraduate degree
- A bachelor degree in communication is helpful but not required for admission.
- GRE Scores
- The GRE is being waived for Fall 2021 admissions due to COVID-19.
- The minimum score to be considered for admission into the program is a 140 on the verbal section, a 140 on the quantitative section, and a 3.0 on the writing section.
- You will be asked to provide names and addresses for three people who will fill out an online recommendation form. They may also submit a letter. You can read more about recommendations here.
- Statement of purpose
- You can find out more about writing your statement of purpose here.
- Writing sample
- You should upload a sample that best reflects your academic writing ability. You can find more about submitting a writing sample here.
- TOEFL scores for international students only
- The minimum score to be considered for admission into the program is a 90.
Interested students should apply through the Graduate School through their online application portal.
For more information
Last Updated: March 22, 2021