The School of Communication and Journalism admits graduate students for the fall semester. To be given full consideration for admission completed applications and supporting documents should be received by the appropriate due date. Applications may be considered after those dates, but decisions will be contingent on availability. You can see a list of required documents below.
- The program only takes applications for fall admission.
- We review applications on a rolling basis starting on January 15, until the class is full. Please submit your application as early as possible.
In order to be considered for admission, students must submit the following:
- Undergraduate degree: a bachelor's degree in communication is helpful but not required.
- Transcripts: Official e-transcripts can be sent to email@example.com or mailed to the Graduate School.
- Three recommendations: You will be asked to provide names and addresses for three people who will fill out an online recommendation form. They may also submit a letter.
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample: You should upload a sample that best reflects your academic writing ability.
- TOEFL scores (international students only): The minimum score to be considered for admission into the program is a 90.
Please note: The GRE is not required for admission to the Communication Graduate Program.
Interested students should apply through the Graduate School through their online application portal.
See the FAQs page for additional information.
Elizabeth Wilhoit Larson
Graduate Program Directoredw0031@auburn.edu