Thinking about majoring in history? Here are our top five reasons to study history at Auburn University.
- We offer small class sizes for our history majors, akin to much smaller liberal arts colleges.
- We emphasize understanding different societies and cultures through a historical lens which teaches you how to approach issues from multiple perspectives—a skill employers want.
- We give our students numerous opportunities for experiences beyond the classroom, such as working on a 3-D digital project to preserve the events of Selma’s Bloody Sunday.
- You’ll learn from award-winning faculty who are leaders both nationally and internationally in areas like military history, the South and civil rights, and aviation history.
- History at Auburn is just interesting! With special topics like the digital society, country music, and Elizabethan England, you’ll find our classes unique and engaging.