Sigma Delta Pi
Sociedad Nacional Honoraria Hispánica
(National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society)
"Spanías Didagéi Proágomen"
Call for Applications for Sigma Delta Pi National Spanish Honorary Society
Academic Year 2019-20 Induction
Firm deadline for application submission is Monday, March 16, 2020, 4:00pm.
The 2020 induction ceremony will be Wednesday, March 25th at 3:45pm, in Eagle's Nest North, 10th floor of the Haley Center. Inductees must arrive on time and be present throughout the closed ceremony in order to enter the organization. No exceptions. Any schedule conflicts should be cleared before application submission. The next ceremony will not take place until Spring 2021.
For more information, please contact Dr. Jana Gutiérrez Kerns, the advisor for Sigma Delta Pi, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 6064 Haley Center.
- Before completing the application, read the requirements for membership to verify that you qualify for induction. Click here to access the National Sigma Delta Pi requirements. Important requirements for members include the following: *a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all FLSP courses, * a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA, *current enrollment or prior completion of a civilization or literature course, such as FLSP 3080, 3100, 3120, 3130, 3140, 3210, or 3220. Should you have questions regarding the appropriate course equivalents, please consult with Dr. Gutiérrez Kerns, the Sigma Delta Pi advisor.
- Click here to access and print an Application. With this application, please submit (a) a personal copy of your complete AU course transcript, printed by yourself (that is, an unofficial copy), and (b) the completed application form. DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT FEE with application; fees must be paid in full prior to induction but will be collected separately. ONLY COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WITH TRANSCRIPT WILL BE PROCESSED. All items should be submitted in an envelope labeled with your full name and contact information. Upon notification of acceptance, you will be provided additional instructionsa for membership fee and induction ceremony.
- Your payment includes the ceremony cost, the national membership dues, a member's pin, and a certificate. The fee does not include graduation cords or stoles; however, both can be purchased after the induction at https://honorgrads.com (honor cord $6.50, pageant stole $35).
- Turn in completed applications and transcript in an envelope marked with your name and contact information to Dr. Gutiérrez Kerns by 4:00pm noon on Monday, March 16th; her office is located at 6064 Haley Center. If you cannot directly give her your envelope, you may bring it during regular business hours to one of the administrative assistants, Ms. Edwards or Ms. Knight, in the main Dept. of Foreign Languages and Literatures office located in Haley 6030. No late applications will be accepted, since materials are mailed to the National Office and processed well prior to the ceremony.
- All initiates must attend the Wednesday, March 25th induction ceremony starting at 3:45pm and ending approximately an hour later. Those who cannot participate in the induction ceremony must make alternative arrangements with Dr. Gutiérrez Kerns to activate their membership and receive their member pin and certificate of initiation..
- Please dress appropriately for the induction ceremony. The recommended attire is modest, business casual with proper footwear.
The Auburn University Hispanic Honorary Society Sigma Delta Pi’s Board for 2018-19:
From left to right: (a) Susannah C. Bland: Recruiter; (b) Audrey Olson: Treasurer; (c) Justin Nail: Secretary; (d) Emily Johnson: President; and Taylor Mackowski: Vice-President.
For more information
Last Updated: February 26, 2020