The Master of Community Planning (MCP) program accepts applicants for both the fall and spring semesters.
To apply to the MCP program:
- Online application: Fill out the application online at the Auburn Graduate School website
- Transcripts: Send two official copies of transcripts from all former colleges and universities to the Graduate School:
The Graduate School
106 Hargis Hall
Auburn, Alabama 36849
- GRE scores: The MCP program does not require GRE scores, although some programs at Auburn University do. Therefore, you will see a section for GRE scores on the online application. You may submit these scores if you have them, but they are not required.
- Recommendation letters: Have a minimum of three letters of recommendation completed within the ApplyYourself web center by listing your references and their contact information. References can complete an online form and submit an additional letter in PDF in the online application system.
- Statement of Intent: Please upload a short letter describing why you want to pursue a degree in Community Planning into the appropriate section in the online application system.
- Priority Application Deadlines: March 1 for Fall Semester and October 1 for Spring Semester. Priority application deadlines are for applicants who wish to be considered for funding.
The MCP program offers a limited number of graduate assistantships to both International and domestic students each semester. These are awarded on the basis of academic performance and vary each semester based on the pool of applicants. Priority consideration is given to qualified applicants who meet the deadlines listed above. To be considered for a Graduate Assistantship, please submit a letter of interest highlighting your skills, a resume, and a statement of claim (need-based or merit-based) to the MCP program director by the priority application deadlines above.
For more information
Associate Professor and Director, Master of Community Planning Program
Department of Political Science
Auburn University, AL 36849
8020 Haley Center
Last Updated: May 31, 2018