If you want to enter into our Music Theatre Program next Fall 2023 and missed our October 2022 Scholarship and Audition Day, this is your opportunity to submit your materials and be considered into our program. Filled out the form and submit your materials at: aub.ie/FebruaryAuditions2023
Each piece should be filmed/uploaded as a separate piece of media. No continuous videos.
• There should not be a separate “slate” video, rather slates are to appear at the beginning of each piece.
• The proper slate for a song is to share your name, the title, and the show in which it appears.
• The proper slate for a monologue is to share your name, the title of the play, and the playwright.
Students should prepare 2-contrasting pieces:
• One song should be a ballad and one song should be an uptempo
• Each song file should be 60-90 seconds (this time limit includes the slate at the beginning of the piece and is strictly adhered to; please do not upload media files longer than 90 seconds)
• Students must sing to a musical accompaniment, which include live or a pre-recorded accompaniment. No "a cappella" singing (meaning singing without music)."
• Songs should be filmed in a ¾ shot which means the top of the head to the knees should be visible in the frame.
• One song should be written prior to 1970. This song can be either the uptempo or the ballad (student’s choice).
• One song should be written after 1970 and contrast the style of the first.
• Monologue must be from a published play.
• Monologue cannot be from musicals.
• The monologue file should be 60-90 seconds in length (this time limit includes the slate at the beginning of the piece and is strictly adhered to; please do not upload media files longer than 90 seconds)
• ONE contemporary monologue written after 1950. • The monologue should be filmed in a "close-up" shot which means the top of the head to the chest should be visible in the frame.
OPTIONAL WILD CARD
• Wild Card media is not required.
• Submissions should be no more than 60 seconds.
• This media can be ANYTHING you want: a special skill, an interesting story about yourself, a passionate speech, an instrument that you play, etc. “What do you want us to know about you?” and “What makes you unique?”
Pre-screening materials/applications are due no later than noon February 24th, 2023.
Applicants must apply and be accepted for admission to Auburn University to be considered for admission to this program.
Questions about the program should be addressed to Professor Andrew Schwartz at email@example.com. If you have general questions, please email Magalí Zaslabsky, Recruitment Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: January 17, 2023