Auditions for all Fall 2021 productions at the Department of Theatre and Dance are now open!
If you are interested in auditioning for the following titles, please follow the instructions below.
All auditions at Auburn Univeristy are OPEN CALL.
A Doll’s House
By Henrik Ibsen
Translated by Christopher Hampton
Directed by Scott Phillips
September 30 - October 6, 2021
A Doll’s House Part 2
A Stage Reading
By Lucas Hnath
Directed by Ashley Butler
October 21-23, 2021
Book & Lyrics by Steven Sater
Music by Duncan Sheik
Based on the play by Frank Wedekind
Directed by Andrew Schwartz
Music Direction by James Mablin
Choreography by Jeri Dickey
November 11-19, 2021
Auditions will be submitted digitally and callbacks will be held in person.
Audition Requirement for ALL SHOWS:
- A monologue (non-comedic) from a realistic drama written before 1950 not to exceed 90 seconds.
- Those planning to audition are encouraged to read the play (the Hampton version, preferably).
- For Spring Awakening: Submit an additional video of a folk or a rock song. (Or a folk-rock song)! NOT from a musical. 1 full-length song. Must use a backing track. (Not a capella.)
To complete your audition:
- Please visit the following link to complete an audition form: https://auburn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1B2Oq7WkXu8pUqy
- Once you have submitted the audition form, instructions about submitting your video files will be provided, including a link to upload your videos.
- If you would like some helpful virtual audition tips and tricks, please read here.
- You must complete both of these tasks (completing the form and uploading your video) by 5:00 pm central time on Friday, August 13th to be considered as auditioning.
- Please see the attached document titled FALL PLAYS 2021 DESCRIPTIONS for a short synopsis and a character breakdown for each show.
As a recap:
- Complete an audition form at https://auburn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1B2Oq7WkXu8pUqy
- Upload your video to the link provided at the end of the form.
- Those auditioning should prepare a monologue (non-comedic) from a realistic drama written before 1950 not to exceed 90 seconds. Theatre majors planning to audition should also read the play (the Hampton version, preferably, which will be available through a shared file).
- For Spring Awakening, submit an additional video of a folk or a rock song. (Or a folk-rock song)! NOT from a musical. 1 full-length song. Must use a backing track. (Not a capella.)
- You must complete BOTH audition form and video submissions by 5:00 pm central time on Friday, August 13th:
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 business days of submitting both portions of your audition, please email email@example.com to confirm your materials have been received.
Callbacks will take place in person at the Telfair Peet Theatre:
A Doll’s House (Hampton, trans) - Tuesday, August 17th - 6:00pm-10:00pm
Spring Awakening - Wednesday, August 18th - 6:00pm-10:00pm
A Doll’s House Part 2 - August 23rd - 6:00pm-10:00pm.
Please let us know if you are unable to make the callback night due to scheduling.
Once all submitted audition videos and forms are reviewed, a callback list will go out to everyone that auditioned and will include the information needed to complete callbacks.
We want to be sure no audition is overlooked during this process. To ensure this, we will be sending out confirmations once we have received all portions of your audition. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 business days of completing your audition requirements (both completing the form and uploading your video), please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to address this.
Last Updated: August 03, 2021