Upsilon Phi Delta Honorary Society
The Auburn University Health Administration program is an established chapter of the Upsilon Phi Delta (UPD) Health Care Honorary Society. The goal of the society is to further the professional competence and dedication of individual members in and for the profession of healthcare management.
The purpose of UPD is to:
- Recognize students who achieve distinction in healthcare administration and management studies in universities and colleges.
- Motivate academic excellence in students studying healthcare administration and management.
- Recognize by means of granting honorary memberships, individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the profession.
- Uphold and develop high professional standards and ethics for members of the profession.
UPD membership can be cited by students as an enhancement to their resumes and/or graduate school applications. In addition, students inducted into UPD receive a membership certificate suitable for framing and cords which can be worn as part of graduation regalia.
Members are selected on the basis of academic achievements, service to the community and/or contributions to the healthcare management profession. Undergraduate members must have a minimum cumulative (overall) GPA of 3.25 or greater on a 4.0 scale. Candidates for membership may be considered after completion of 18 hours of HADM required courses following admission into the program.
Applications for membership are taken twice a year; at the end each Fall and Spring Semester.
Students who are interested in becoming a member of UPD should:
- Fill out an application and email it to HADM@auburn.edu.
- Forward an online copy of your transcripts to HADM@auburn.edu.
Students who wish to wear their cords in graduation ceremonies should make their applications no later than four weeks prior to graduation.
Last Updated: July 10, 2019