Fall Public Relations Speaker Series empowers students with industry insights, alumni connections
The Auburn University Public Relations Advisory Council invited Auburn students from all majors to network with industry professionals and gain valuable guidance through the Fall Public Relations Speaker Series.
The event included a panel discussion and networking session with public relations alumni, allowing students to connect with and learn from a wide range of public relations practitioners as they prepare to enter the professional world.
This year’s panelists included:
- Alyssa Turner ‘22, public relations alumna, creative content manager, Office of the Governor for the State of Alabama
- Sarah Benton ‘21, public relations alumna, senior account executive, BRAVE Public Relations
- Matheson Carroll ‘21, public relations alumna, creative project manager, Delta Window-Seat
- Carter Brown ‘18, public relations alumnus, director of digital marketing, PLAE
- Julie Anne Jacobs ‘17, public relations alumna, communications project manager, Country Music Association
Panelists discussed industry trends and offered advice on how to stand out when applying to internships and post-graduate jobs. All proud Auburn graduates, panelists encouraged students to use their Auburn network as they start their career now and in the future.
“Never underestimate the power of the Auburn Family,” said Eleanor Hawkins, panel discussion host. “The Auburn Family is tight, expansive and always willing to help.”
As the public relations field continues to grow and evolve, opportunities like the Fall Speaker Series become ever more important in equipping students with the skills needed to succeed as professionals.
“I am thankful for the opportunity to learn from such a diverse and experienced panel of professionals,” said public relations senior Kate Essig. “Expanding my network with successful alumni who were once in my shoes is an important step in ensuring I am prepared for my post-graduate career.”