Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign up for the women’s and gender studies minor? 

To declare a minor in women’s and gender studies, complete the declare a minor online form

Once you have declared the minor, the director of Women’s and Gender Studies program will send you an email invitation to visit the WGST office to learn more about course offerings in the minor and events and activities. Our office is located in 3227 Haley Center. Office hours are posted on our website.

How long does it take to sign up for a women’s and gender studies minor? 

About five minutes, depending on your typing speed. Once the form is completed, the system will automatically submit the form to the College of Liberal Arts advisors as well as the director of the Women’s and Gender Studies program.

What if I sign up for the minor but decide I cannot, or do not wish to, complete it?

That’s OK. You will have taken some great classes that go toward your degree at Auburn. We do request that you complete the drop a minor online form.

My advisor didn’t know about the women’s and gender studies minor. Does this mean I shouldn’t take the minor?  

Let your advisor know about the women’s and gender studies minor. Show them the link to the minor on our website. If the minor doesn’t fit your major, your advisor will tell you.

What do I need to do to make sure the minor is on my transcript when I graduate?

1. You must take the two required courses, WMST 2100 and WMST 5980, plus three cross-listed courses, two of which must be at the 3000-level or above. Keep in mind that WMST 5980 is offered infrequently, so plan ahead!

2. Our website has a list of courses that cross-list with the minor. Before registering for courses for a new semester, check our list to make sure the elective you have selected is approved by us to count toward the minor. If you have any concerns or need advice, contact the program director or your advisor.

3. Once you declare the minor, it will appear on your Degree Works, which monitors your progress through the minor. If you have any concerns about your progress, speak to your advisor or visit our office for assistance.