To apply to the MPA program, you will need to submit the following materials:
- Online Application: Fill out the formal application online at the Auburn Graduate School website
- Transcripts: Submit/Upload an official *OR* unofficial copy of transcripts from ALL former colleges and universities in the online application portal. If admitted, you will be required to send two *official* copies from ALL former colleges and universities directly to:
The Graduate School
106 Hargis Hall
Auburn, Alabama 36849
- GRE Scores: The MPA program does not require GRE scores, although some programs at Auburn University do. Therefore, you will see a section for GRE scores on the online application. You may submit these scores if you have them, but they are not required.
- Recommendation Letters: Have a minimum of three letters of recommendation completed within the ApplyYourself web center by listing your references and their contact information. References can complete an online form and submit an additional letter in PDF in the online application system.
**DO NOT have the letters sent to the Graduate School.
- Writing Sample: A professional writing sample is required. This can be a copy of a paper completed for an undergraduate course or another document demonstrating your writing abilities and critical thinking skills. Please upload a writing sample as a PDF into the online application system.
- Statement of Intent: Please upload a PDF of your statement of intent, which is a short letter indicating why you wish to pursue an MPA degree. This is also your opportunity to address any academic deficiencies, special circumstances, or other relevant information.
- General Application Deadlines: July 15 for Fall Semester and December 15 for Spring Semester
- Priority Application Deadlines: March 1 for Fall Semester and October 1 for Spring Semester. Priority application deadlines are for applicants who wish to be considered for graduate funding.
The MPA program offers a limited number of graduate assistantships each semester. These are awarded on the basis of academic performance and vary each semester based on the pool of applicants. Priority consideration is given to qualified applicants who meet the deadlines listed above. To be considered for a Graduate Assistantship, please submit a letter of interest highlighting your skills, a resume, and a statement of claim (need-based or merit-based) to the MPA program director by the priority application deadlines above.
For more information
Dr. Bridgett King
MPA Program Director and Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science
Auburn University, AL 36849
8030-C Haley Center
Last Updated: October 29, 2019