MA, University of Iowa
BA, University of Iowa
Kara Schall is a clinical instructor at Auburn University and educates graduate students in clinical practicum. Her interests include serving adults with dysphagia and voice disorders. She is certified in Lessac-Madsen Resonant Voice Therapy. Prior to moving to Auburn, she worked primarily in skilled nursing facilities across eastern Iowa, but her work experience also included serving adults in hospital, home health and outpatient rehabilitation settings. Schall also worked as a speech-language pathologist in the Muscogee County School District in Columbus, Georgia. She earned a Master of Arts and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Iowa.
- Schall, K.C., Sandage, M.J., Allsup, M. (2018, November 17). Frequency & speaking fundamental frequency: Are published norms still representative? Presentation at ASHA Conference, Boston, MA.
- Willis, L., Schall, K., & Piazza, L. (2018, November 16). CSD student perspectives & what can be done to increase interest. Presentation at ASHA Conference, Boston, MA.
- Schall, K. (2018, June 5). Critical Thinking and Theory Application in Graduate-Level Clinical Education. Workshop presented at the International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference, Auburn, AL.
- Willis, L., Schall, K., & Piazza, L. (2018). A survey of CSD undergraduate students’ research experience and interest in a master’s thesis and PhD. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Perspectives: Special Interest Group 10 Issues in Higher Education. 3, 11-26. doi:10.1044/persp3.SIG10.11
- Schall, K., Willis, L., & Piazza, L. (2018, February 22-23). Factors influencing pursuit of master’s thesis in speech-language pathology. Poster session presented at the Speech and Hearing Association of Alabama Convention, Birmingham, AL.
- Piazza, L., Schall, K., & Willis, L. (2018, February 8-10). Master’s thesis decision making: Undergraduate perception and education. Poster session presented at Georgia Speech and Hearing Association Convention, Atlanta, GA.
- CMDS 3000: Introduction to Speech Pathology-Audiology
- CMDS 7540: Advanced Voice Disorders
- CMDS 4540: Vocal Disorders