232F Tichenor Hall
- Tuesday 10:00 - 11:30am Via Zoom or in person. I'll be on the 4th floor Mell
- Thursday 10:00 - 11:30am Via Zoom or in person. I'll be on the 4th floor Mell
- Friday 11 a.m. -12 p.m.(in person outside Library/Mell 4133 or via Zoom)
Susan Fillippeli is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Communication and Journalism. With a Ph.D. in Communication from the University of Iowa, she has held faculty positions at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, The University of Puget Sound, and Auburn University. Areas of interest are Rhetorical Criticism and Theory, Public Address, Persuasion, Political Communication, and the Rhetoric of Social Movements.
In 2001 Dr. Fillippeli left Auburn University to pursue a career in the private sector where she served as a Communication Consultant to political candidates and businesses, and for a software development firm where she worked as a Communication and Training Professional and Project Manager specializing in corporate communication strategies, crisis communication management, proposal development, campaign management, corporate communication, and training and development. While working in the private sector she earned certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
Dr. Fillippeli was appointed by Governor Bob Riley to serve two terms on the Alabama Women’s Commission, and Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries John McMillan to serve on the Lee County Board of Registrars. She has been active in local and state politics for more than 20 years and is a member of First Presbyterian Church in Auburn where she has served three terms as an Elder.
Throughout both her academic and corporate career, Dr. Fillippeli’s first love has always been teaching. She is looking forward to blending her academic training with her private sector experience in making her classroom a living laboratory for Auburn’s CMJN students.
- Ph.D., University of Iowa
- M.A., University of Georgia
- B.A., Appalachian State University
- COMM 2400/2403 Workplace Communication
- COMM 2410 Small Group Communication
- COMM 3100/3103 Advanced Public Speaking
- COMM 3110/3113 Persuasion
- COMM 3450/3453 Intercultural Communication
- COMM 3510 Research in Human Communication
- COMM 3600/3603 Foundations of Rhetoric & Social Influence
- COMM 4100/4103 Social Movements
- COMM 4970/4973 Communication Training and Consulting
- COMM 5600 Political Communication
Last Updated: March 04, 2022