Panopto Update to Version 4.6
- On Friday, May 9, Panopto was upgraded to version 4.6, a version with some major changes. Details can be found here on their website: http://panopto.com/blog/panopto-4-6/ , but the two main changes you’ll notice are
- A new user interface – much more viewing space and a clean, new layout. Some items/info have moved.
- Ability to search – called SmartSearch – within the video. You can search for words the speaker has said, words on screencasts or a in PowerPoint presentations, or even words written on a chalk or smart board.
- A new recorder: you will need to install the latest recorder. Instructions are in Panopto.
- We have removed the old Panopto integration from Canvas in favor of a newer version that works better and is easier for teachers to use. See this page for information: http://www.auburn.edu/img/apps/panopto/
- The best part of this new integration: Faculty automatically get creator status. You don’t have to call IMG and ask to be added any more.
- Do call IMG if you need to copy files from old Canvas folders so we can add your Canvas/Panopto credentials to that folder.
- Recording to the Canvas folder is easier, too: You don’t need to log into the recorder. Instead, log in to Canvas, use the link in the course to get to Panopto, and record from the web interface. Complete instructions are here: http://www.auburn.edu/img/apps/panopto/
- Students will use this same process to record to a drop box folder for your class, too.