New Features in Canvas 11/16/2013
Canvas has come out with the following new features:
- If you are using the New Conversations Tool, note that the Archive icon has changed and that, when you receive an email notification from Canvas about a Conversation, you can now reply back from your email, and your reply will only go to the person who sent the original message.
If you have not tried out the new version of Conversations, click on the little question mark button and choose Try New Conversations.
- If you have to grade quiz questions manually (because you have chosen short answer or essay questions), you can now do this through the Speed Grader -- it will allow for you to bring up only that one question for all of your students, one question at a time. Please be aware that you have to indicate this option before you can use it.
- The Test Student scores will no longer count towards the course analytics
- The Mute Assignment link in Speedgrader now works correctly.
- Two new languages are now supported in Canvas -- German and Polish.
For more information on these features, with screen shots, go to http://help.instructure.com/entries/22766889-11-16-13-Canvas-Production-Release-Notes-Featuring-More-Beta-Conversations-Updates-and-Grade-One-QuiContent release date: Monday, November 18, 2013