Global Citizenship Project
In recognition of the growing importance of global awareness and commitment, the College of Liberal Arts' Community and Civic Engagement Initiative is proud to launch its Global Citizenship Project, which strives to foster global citizenship to promote universal justice, peace, and culture appreciation through cross-cultural collaboration and personal engagement. Students will be challenged to make the world a better place through educational curricula and activities, leadership preparation, and hands-on experiences.
The GCP’s goals include:
- Book club open to all CLA students interested in global issues
- International Voices Series (lectures, film screenings, shows and exhibits)
- Faculty and student retreat in a conducive environment
- Faculty workshops to establish models for globally-oriented curricula
- Research symposia and conferences
- Career abroad fair
- Global experiential learning opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students
For further information on the Global Citizen Project, please contact Dr. Giovanna Summerfield, email@example.com, 334-844-2890.
Last Updated: July 30, 2019