Auburn University Internship Program in Dublin
Study and intern in Dublin! Ireland's capital is a cosmopolitan city with much to offer and a delightful and friendly community. The program is based at Griffith College, where students will enjoy fully equipped classrooms, campus lodging, and cafeteria. This is an ongoing program that has openings each semester and is offered through CAPA International Education. Students studying in Dublin can take advantage of an extensive network of internship sites, offering placements most often for the following academic tracks:
- The Creative Arts
- Exploring the Media
- Human Rights, Crime and Journalism
- Globalization and International Trends in Business and Society
Courses at Griffith College are also organized within the above four tracks or themes. Students will be able to choose courses across these suggested tracks subject to timetabling, pre-requisites, and availability. A course developed by Griffith faculty, Irish History and Culture: The Evolution of the Irish Nation, is also highly recommended.
Check out the video below to hear first hand from students about internship experiences!
- Optional part-time internship placement
- Choice of contextual courses for up to 12 credits for the semesters and 6 for the summer
- Arrival Program Orientation
- Arrival Reception and farewell ceremony
- Mid-term dinner (semesters only)
- Library and computer labs access
- Student Union membership (semesters only)
- City bus tour of Dublin and a full day excursion to Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Full Semesters: Students live in shared apartments (flats), conveniently located on the Griffith College campus. Students can choose between cooking in the flat or eating at the Griffith College cafeteria.
- Summer term: Students will have the option to live in either single homestays with breakfast and dinner provided daily or within shared furnished apartments within the city of Dublin.
- Weekly program of subsidized cultural and social activities
- CAPA International Services Support and medical and travel insurance provided
- Program Cost: $16,650 per student for Spring or Fall + Auburn study abroad fee of $677
- $8,650 for Summer + Auburn study abroad fee of $677
- Visit the CAPA Blog website to learn more!
- Learn more about CAPA Courses.
For more information, please visit the Auburn Abroad Dublin page, the CAPA website.
Program Contact: Dr. Giovanna Summerfield, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs, Office: 315A Tichenor Hall, Email: email@example.com, Phone: 334-844-2890
Get information on scholarships available through the College of Liberal Arts.
Get information on scholarships available through CAPA.
*Students will begin to be billed (through the Bursar) 70 days before the start of the program. This is regardless of the application status. Withdrawal from the program must occur before this date to not incur fees.*
CAPA Cancellation Policy: "Because of the nature of our study abroad program, we begin making payments for services on your behalf as soon as you enroll in one of our programs. We have established the following cancellation penalties outlines below in accordance with the penalties we would incur from our overseas partners should you cancel from a program. Please note that you may incur additional cancellation penalties from your Home Institution - and that the amounts outlined below only account for the penalties that you would incur on behalf of CAPA International Education:
- If you withdraw from a program between 70 days and 60 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 59 days and 46 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 25% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 45 days and 22 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 50% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program from 21 days before the start of the program onward, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 100% of the program fees"
Spring Semester 2019: January 29 - May 31
10/15/18 - Application Deadline!
5 Nov 2018: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
12 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
19 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
3 Dec 2018: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
10 Dec 2018: No refund after this date
Summer Semester 2019: May 31 to July 26
10 March 2019: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
24 March 2019: Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
7 April 2019: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
14 April 2019: Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
30 April 2019: No refund after this date
Fall Semester 2019: September - December 14
Last Updated: October 04, 2018