Auburn University Internship Program in Brussels
Study and intern in Brussels! This study and internship program is based at Vesalius College, where you will experience the best of both worlds: the individualized support of a liberal arts college and the resources of a major university. Vesalius College and their affiliate, Vrija Universiteit Brussel, offer a full suite of services including three research libraries, health services, dining halls, athletic facilities (swimming pool, climbing wall, squash courts), free psychological counseling, as well as homestay and housing placements.
The Vesalius Internship Program allows your to apply classroom theories to real work. By completing an internship during your study abroad experience, you can prove to future employers that you are motivated, able to balance commitments, and have experience in an international and multicultural setting. As part of this program, you can also earn a Vesalius College certificate in European Peace and Security Studies (EPSS) at no extra cost.
Students studying at Vesalius College can take advantage of an extensive network of internship sites, offering mostly placements in a variety of international organizations:
- European Disability Forum
- Ernst & Young
- EU Observer
- ...and many more
Resources for further program information:
- Begin an Auburn Abroad online application by visiting the Auburn Abroad Brussels Page.
- Download and complete the LA.Vesalius.ApplicationForm.pdf
- Part-time internship placement
- Choice of contextual courses for up to 12 credits for the semesters
- Tuition and course fees
- Arrival program orientation
- Library and computer labs access
- Access to athletic facilities.
- Housing. At Vesalius College, a number of different housing options are available for incoming study abroad students:
- Homestay with a Host Family.
- Personalized assistance to secure independent housing placement.
- Independent housing arranged by the student.
- Program Cost: $15,000 per student + Auburn study abroad fee of $657
- Take 3 or 4 courses in addition to Part-time internship. Learn more about courses that are offered.
For more information, please visit the Auburn Abroad Brussels page.
Program Contact: Dr. Giovanna Summerfield, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs, Office: 315A Tichenor Hall, Email: email@example.com, Phone: 334-844-2890
Get information on scholarships available through the College of Liberal Arts.
*Students will begin to be billed (through the Bursar) 70 days before the start of the program. This is regardless of the application status. Withdrawal from the program must occur before this date to not incur fees.*
Fall Semester 2018
Dates Abroad: August 23 - December 15
25 June 2018: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
After 25 June: Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
27 July 2018: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
After 27 July: Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
31 July 2018: No refund after this date
Spring Semester 2019
Dates Abroad: January TBA - May TBA
4 Nov 2018: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
11 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
18 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
2 Dec 2018: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
9 Dec 2018: No refund after this date
Last Updated: May 24, 2018