Is graduate school right for me?
Graduate school is an opportunity to examine a field of your choice with more specificity and direction. Before making the decision to go to graduate school, it is a good idea to look at what may be behind your decision. Here is some information to help you evaluate whether graduate school is right for you.
- I want to go graduate school, but don’t know what for: Clarify you goals by meeting with your Career Coach.
- I want a higher salary: Review Salary information.
- I am stalling because I am not ready to make a career decision: Make an appointment and talk with your Career Coach.
- It seems like all my classmates are applying to graduate school: The decision to attend graduate school is yours alone. First, explore careers that use your undergraduate degree.
- I do not feel ready to enter the work world: Meet with your Career Coach.
I have decided to go to graduate school.
Congratulations! You've made the decision to go to graduate school and found the program that matches your interests and fits your needs. Use the resources below to learn what you need to do to become a competitive applicant.
- Peterson’s Guide to Graduate School
- 8 Tips for International Applicants to U.S. Graduate Schools
- Graduate School Application Timeline
Need help with the GRE? We have several workshops and resources to help you prepare and meet you desired score!