Welcome to the Department of Psychology
Welcome to the Department of Psychology page for undergraduate studies.
The student learning outcomes for psychology are established by the American Psychology Association, and the department aligns with these learning outcomes:
- Knowledge in Psychology: Students will be able to identify basic psychological concepts.
- Scientific Inquiry and Critical Thinking: Students will be able to critically evaluate and apply basic psychological concepts by means of scientific reasoning acquired from training in statistics and research methods.
- Ethical and Social Responsibility in a Diverse World: Students will be able to apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice.
- Communication: Students will be able to interact effectively with others.
- Professional Development: Students should be involved in research and outreach opportunities as preparation for pursuing post-baccalaureate education to become future scientists and/or practitioners in a psychological discipline, and to develop necessary skills to be successful in employment after earning their degree.
Last Updated: April 30, 2019