Auburn University Choirs
There is a place for you in choral music at Auburn University! We have a uniquely diverse program which includes an assortment of both traditional and non-traditional/specialty choirs. Incoming students and new participants can be proud to be associated with any of our choirs, each of which maintains a tradition of excellence in singing.
- Chamber Choir: Auburn’s premiere choral ensemble of approximately 45 highly-select singers
- Men’s Chorus: a select group of approximately 30 men
- Women’s Chorus: a select group of approximately 40 women
- Concert Choir: comprised of the Women’s and Men’s Choruses
- Conductors’ Chorus: a lab chorus designed to provide an ensemble that the choral conducting students can conduct
- University Singers: a highly-select show choir consisting of 36 singers, plus instrumentalists
- Gospel Choir: a select group of approximately 50 singers, instrumentalists, and dancers
Auburn University Opera
Faculty members train singers in the art of opera singing and acting. Students learn and perform scenes, arias, and ensembles from the operatic repertoire each semester.
- Opera Workshop: a select group of singers who perform solo, duet, and ensemble selections from the standard opera repertoire
Announcements and News
Auditions for participation in the Fall 2018 Choirs include: Auburn University Gospel Choir, Conductors’ Chorus, Women's Chorus and Men's Chorus occur July 13, 2018, from 3:00-5:00 pm. Please contact Dr. William Powell at email@example.com or 334-844-3166 to schedule a time. Choir auditions are open to all Auburn University undergraduate and graduate students, regardless of major or minor. Auditions are ten minutes in length and they occur in 114 Goodwin Music Building.
PRIOR to the audition, students should enroll in the choir(s) for which they plan to audition. Please click the below link to view course enrollments.
Last Updated: April 11, 2019