This page is designed for social workers, case managers, or anyone else who frequently interacts with a foster child's case. Below, you will find a roadmap of APMRT services, videos created by medical professionals explaining various medications, resources for doctor's appointments, and more!
Social Worker CEs
- APMRT now provides 1.5 continuing education (CE) hours for social workers!
- Please set aside 90 to 120 minutes to complete the training in its entirety.
- If you have any questions, please contact Angelyn Rhames-Harrell by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here for instructions.
- Click here to go directly to the training.
Preparing for Doctor's Appointments
Red Flag Criteria
- Use this worksheet for each foster child on your case load to check if they meet medication red flag criteria.
- If ANY of the boxes are checked, complete a free Medication Review Referral.
- Medication Reviews are available to ALL Alabama counties. For more on Medication Reviews, click here.
- Red Flag Criteria
Doctor's Appointment Worksheet
- Use this sheet for each foster child on your case load and for each medication appointment.
- If you do not attend the appointment, go over the worksheet with the foster parents prior to the appointment.
- Purpose: understand the medications your foster child may be taking and provide appropriate information and feedback to your child's prescriber.
- Doctor's Appointment Worksheet
Check out below to see videos on medication classes and medication advocacy training. For all other training videos, click here.
Learn about medications your foster child may be taking for ADHD
Learn about medications your foster child may be taking for various behavior problems
Learn about antidepressant medications and how they may be used to treat your foster child's behaviors
Learn about mood stabilizer medications and how they may be used to treat your foster child's behaviors
Making the Most of Medication Appointments:
Learn about common myths related to medications and how to make the most of medication appointments
Click here to download a Social Worker's version of the Medication Appointment Checklist
Medication Appointment Role Play:
Learn how to make sure your foster child's doctor's appointment goes well
Last Updated: January 19, 2021