- Kyle Benbow proposed his thesis titled “Black employee mistreatment, social pain minimization, and employee silence” in Fall 2022.
- Lilah Donnelly proposed her thesis titled “Do as I say, not as I do: The effects of organizational response type on employee commitment during the COVID-19 pandemic” in Fall 2022.
- Kendall McGoey defended her Master’s thesis titled “Burnout as a mediator in the workaholism-turnover intention relationship” in Spring 2022.
- Lauren Postier defended her Master’s thesis titled “A factor analytic examination of burnout” in Summer 2022.
- Ana Kriletic successfully completed her General Doctoral Exam and advanced to doctoral candidacy.
- Brielle Johnson successfully completed her General Doctoral Exam and advanced to doctoral candidacy.
- Thomas Wilmore successfully completed his General Doctoral Exam and advanced to doctoral candidacy.
- Alissa Zawacki proposed her dissertation titled “Achieving interview equilibrium: Striking balance between technology and human-centered approaches in asynchronous video interviews” in Fall 2022
New Roles and Positions
- Ana Kriletic started a Talent Development Internship in the HR Department of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, as well as the P&G IO Business Challenge.
- Alissa Zawacki started a new position as a Consultant at APTMetrics.
- Jonathan Kunstman jointed the Editorial Board of Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology.
- Gargi Sawhney joined the Editorial Board of Journal of Vocational Behavior.
- Jinyan Fan held the position of Associate Editor at Journal of Vocational Behavior.
- Jesse Michel held the position of Associate Editor at Applied Psychology: An International Review 2021, Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, and Occupational Health Science.
Awards and Grants
- Alissa Zawacki, Kendall McGoey, and Lauren Postier received competitive Small Grants from the Department of Psychological Sciences.
General Program News
- DuBois Barnes presented “Representation Matters. The Trickle-Down Effect of Underrepresented Minority Faculty” at SIOP 2022 Annual Conference in Seattle, WA.
- Peter Cook, Jingyi Li, Kendall McGoey, and Lauren Postier presented “Meta-Analytic Findings on Telework and Individual and Organizational Outcomes” at SIOP 2022 Annual Conference in Seattle, WA.
- Austin Cunningham and Gargi Sawhney presented “Variability in Workaholism and the Moderating Effects of Stressors on Spillover” at SIOP 2022 Annual Conference in Seattle, WA.
- Ana Kriletic, Daniel Svyantek, and Whomas Wilmore presented “Effects of Gender and Destructive Leader Behaviors on Leader’s Evaluation” at SIOP 2022 Annual Conference in Seattle, WA.
- Alissa Zawaski, Jinyan Fan, Jiayi Liu, and Teng Zhao presented “Reducing Cheating in Unproctored Testing Environments Using a Middle-Warning Message” at SIOP 2022 Annual Conference in Seattle, WA.
- Teng Zhao and Hairong Li presented “How Dispositional Gratitude Shapes Employee Well-Being and Organizational Outcomes” at SIOP 2022 Annual Conference in Seattle, WA.
- Teng Zhao, Jiayi Liu, Alissa Zawacki, Jesse Michel, and Hairong Li presented “A meta-analysis of the effects of newcomer proactive behaviors on socialization outcomes” at the 2022 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management in Seattle, WA.
Last Updated: October 10, 2022