Apply to I-O Ph.D. Program
To apply to the Industrial and Organizational Psychology Ph.D. program, complete Auburn University's Graduate School online application (see detailed instructions) by January 15 to start the following Fall.
What you need to apply online:
- $60 application fee ($70 for international students)
- Contact information for three references who will provide letters of recommendation on your behalf
- Biographical and educational background information
- GRE scores sent directly to the Graduate School from ETS
- Statement of Intent
- List of psychology courses taken
- CV or resume
- Transcripts sent directly to the Graduate School from each post-secondary institution attended
For international students: TOEFL scores (including Speaking Section) must be sent directly to the Graduate School from ETS
The I/O program faculty reviews all completed applications. We consider all elements of an applicant’s file – GPA, GRE, personal statement, research and applied experience, letters of recommendation, and diversity status. Please refer to past program statistics for supplemental information.
The essential requirements for admission to the I-O program are a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a record of achievement that shows strong promise of success in the program’s course work and research. Applicants are expected to have performed well in foundational areas of psychology and should have at least 15 credit hours of coursework in psychology, including statistics and research methodology.
Please note: The dean of the Graduate School upon recommendation of the I-OO Program and Department of Psychology officially grants admission to the I/O Psychology Ph.D. program.
Last Updated: February 15, 2017