If you plan to major in music at Auburn University review the information below. Use this page as a checklist towards confirming you have completed all steps to becoming a major.
- Apply to the University as early as possible.
Applicants with excellent academic credentials can be admitted to the University as early as October 15. Early Action decisions are made by October 15 for students who meet the Early Action criteria and have completed an application by October 1.
Application deadlines to remember:
- December 1- Receive Academic Scholarship Consideration
- February 1- Acceptance without Academic Scholarship Consideration
Submit all required materials to the University,
- Application fee,
- Official ACT and/or SAT scores, and your
- Official high school transcript
You should visit the Office of Admissions and Recruitment website for details on University application procedures, application deadlines, and other necessary information.
Department of Music Admissions
- Apply to the Department of Music (application link below)
- Complete an audition video or schedule a live audition.
- The Department of Music Audition day is Saturday, January 29, 2022.
There is no application or audition fee. The application/audition process is used to gather information, both musical and academic, that helps faculty understand your background and intentions.
If you are not ready to apply, you can register as a prospective student by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Music Auditions
If you plan to major (or double major) in the following degree programs, you will need to complete a successful audition for admission into the Department of Music.
Bachelor of Arts in Music
The audition serves for both entrance/placement and for scholarship consideration.
Auditions open on October 1 and extend through February 1.
Last Updated: August 04, 2021