If you plan to major in music at Auburn University review the information below. Use this page as a checklist towards confirming you have completed all steps to becoming a major.
- Apply to the University as early as possible.
Applicants with excellent academic credentials can be admitted to the University as early as October 15. Early Action decisions are made by October 15 for students who meet the Early Action criteria and have completed an application by October 1.
Application deadlines to remember:
- December 1- Receive Academic Scholarship Consideration
- February 1- Acceptance without Academic Scholarship Consideration
Submit all required materials to the University,
- Application fee,
- Official ACT and/or SAT scores, and your
- Official high school transcript
You should visit the Office of Admissions and Recruitment website for details on University application procedures, application deadlines, and other necessary information.
Department of Music Admissions
- Apply to the Department of Music (application link coming soon).
- Schedule an audition.
- The Department of Music Audition day is Saturday, January 29, 2022.
- The audition deadline is February 1.
If you are not ready to apply, but would like information on becoming a music major at Auburn University, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Music Auditions
If you plan to major (or double major) in the following degree programs, you will need to complete a successful audition for admission into the Department of Music. The Department of Music Audition day is Saturday, January 29, 2022.
Bachelor of Arts in Music
The audition serves for both entrance/placement and for scholarship consideration.
Auditions open on October 1 and extend through February 1.
Last Updated: September 22, 2021