If you plan to major in music at Auburn University review the information below. Use this page as a checklist toward confirming you have completed all steps to becoming a music major.
Apply to Auburn University as early as possible. Applicants with excellent academic credentials can be admitted to the University as early as October 15. Early Action decisions are made by October 15 for students who meet the Early Action criteria and have completed an application by October 1.
- December 1- Receive Academic Scholarship Consideration
- February 1- Acceptance without Academic Scholarship Consideration
Submit all required materials to the University:
- Application fee
- Official ACT and/or SAT scores
- Official high school transcript
Visit the Office of Admissions and Recruitment website for details on University application procedures, application deadlines and other necessary information.
Department of Music Admissions
- Apply to the Department of Music
- Schedule an audition.
- The Department of Music audition day is Saturday, January 20, 2024.
- The audition deadline is February 1.
If you are not ready to apply, but would like information on becoming a music major at Auburn University, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Music Auditions
If you plan to major (or double major) in the following degree programs, you will need to complete a successful audition for admission to the Department of Music. The Department of Music audition day is Saturday, January 20, 2024.
- Music Performance
- Music Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
The audition serves for both entrance/placement and for scholarship consideration. Auditions open on October 1 and extend through February 1.
If you plan to transfer to Auburn University as a music major, please follow these steps:
- Complete both an application to Auburn University and to the Department of Music
- Contact the applied professor in your area to schedule an audition for acceptance to the Music Department
- Complete an AUSOM application
- You will be required to take a music theory and piano proficiency exam during the acceptance process
- Email an unofficial transcript to email@example.com
Any student who auditions for the Department of Music by February 1st should complete an application in AUSOM, the Auburn University scholarship management system.
University and Department of Music Scholarships
The Auburn First program is a great way of earning college credits while freeing up your high school schedule for more electives now and college credit later.