- The Auburn University Symphonic Winds & Choir is featured on Johan De Meij's new CD "Fifty Shades of E"
Award-winning international composer Johan DeMeij came to campus and guest conducted his own composition “African Harmony” with the AU Symphonic Winds and Chamber Choir. The concert was held at Lakeview Baptist Church in conjunction with our 27th Annual High School Honor Band Festival.
- Come Study with World Class Faculty in the Department of Music at Auburn University
We are pleased to announce that one of our faculty has been recognized as one of nineteen highly respected women composers. Dr. Rosephanye Powell was highlighted in the “19 Groundbreaking Women Composers” by J.W. Pepper in June 2018. We are proud of Dr. Powell for reaching this milestone, the only living vocal professor to receive this high distinction.
- October 15, 2015
- Faculty Guitarist Ikner to Perform on Monday, October 19
An active soloist and chamber musician, Joseph Ikner’s program will include repertoire from the Renaissance, Japan, Spain, and Latin America.
- Department Offers Three Exciting Concerts This Week, featuring Orchestra, Symphonic Winds, and Guest Artist
Tuesday’s orchestra concert will feature the 2015 Concerto Competition winners; Wednesday’s band concert will feature large ensemble and chamber performances; and Thursday’s guest artist, J. Warren Mitchell, will feature operatic repertoire.
- September 30, 2015
- AU Chamber Choir and AHS Choral Company Perform Joint Concert
This concert, under the direction of Auburn University faculty William Powell, will be on Sunday, October 4 at 2:30 pm at Auburn First Baptist Church.
- Guest Guitarist Patilla to Perform in Auburn on September 22
Mississippi State’s Michael Patilla will perform in a recital co-sponsored by the Auburn Guitar Society and will begin at 7:30 pm in Goodwin Recital Hall. Tickets are available at 6:30 pm outside of the Recital Hall
- September 15, 2015
- Internationally Acclaimed Violist Stephen Upshaw to Perform September 16
Upshaw’s recital also features Jeremy Samolesky, piano, and David Odom, clarinet. The performance begins at 7:30 pm in Goodwin Recital Hall. Will-call tickets and regular tickets will be available at 6:30 pm outside of the Recital Hall.
- September 12, 2015
- David Odom and Laurelie Gheesling Perform "Fantasy" Program
Fresh off their summer performances in Spain and Brazil, clarinetist David Odom and pianist Laurelie Gheesling bring a fantasy-themed program to Goodwin Recital Hall at 7:30 on Monday, September 14.
- September 29, 2015
- Music Faculty Showcase Kicks Off 2015 Performance Season
Musical selections for brass, percussion, piano, strings, voice, and winds will be presented in this kaleidoscope concert that will be just over an hour long.
- August 17, 2015
- Online Ticket Sales Begin August 17
Advanced ticket sales are available for all department-sponsored events.
Last Updated: January 18, 2013