9030F Haley Center
Personal web site
- Monday By Appointment
- Tuesday By Appointment
- Wednesday By Appointment
- Thursday By Appointment
- Friday By Appointment
Jeremy M. Downes, Professor, received his PhD from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. A specialist in epic poetry (beginnings to the present), he is the author of two studies of epic, The Female Homer and Recursive Desire, and of three collections of poetry. He also manages the web directory HyperEpos, a substantial collection of links to epic texts, resources, and materials, and serves as Vice President of the National Federation of State Poetry Societies. He is currently at work on a study of American local and regional epic.
- Recursive Desire: Rereading Epic Tradition, University of Alabama Press, 1997.
- HyperEpos: Epic on the Internet
- The Lost Atlas of Desire. BlazeVOX, 2006
- Dark Village Haiku. (2007 Winner of the Morris Chapbook Prize) 2008.
- The Female Homer: An Exploration of Women's Epic Poetry. University of Delaware Press, 2010.
- Poems: Too Small to Read. Forthcoming, New Plains Press, 2012.
Last Updated: September 17, 2018