Intern – Public Relations
RKP Media, a boutique Entertainment Marketing, Public Relations, and Talent Management firm based in New York City, is seeking 2022 Spring Interns. This internship will be entirely remote.
RKP Media’s team of experts specialize in release campaigns, media relations, broadcast publicity, personal publicity, satellite & radio media tours, press junkets, red carpet premieres, set visits, tour publicity, strategic partnerships, and celebrity engagement. Our clients includemajor and independent film studios, cable networks, actors, actresses, musicians, films, producers, directors, content creators, production companies, television properties, special events, authors, and chefs. We’ve worked on hundreds of theatrical and home entertainment campaigns, including Ad Astra, American Horror Story, Ant-man and the Wasp, Big Little Lies, BlackKklansman, Bohemian Rhapsody, Booksmart, Borat, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Deadpool, Family Guy, Ford v Ferrari, Frozen 2, Game of Thrones, Get Out, Glass, Jojo Rabbit, Green Book, The Greatest Showman, The Martian, The Post, The Revenant, The Shape of Water, The Simpsons, Toy Story 4, and Us.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone willing to learn, develop their skills and fast track their experience in Public Relations.
- Work with teams to gain real-world, hands-on experience
- Learn influential communication and PR strategies
- Identify, write and pitch stories and news ideas to entertainment outlets, newspapers, magazines and websites. Ensuring press kits are current and adequately stocked. Work with internal teams across a variety of clients
- Collaborate with the team in selecting promotional clip suggestions and brainstorming pitch angles
- Help in coordinating/executing various off-site events, including premieres/red carpets and press days.
- Sit in on conference calls and meetings with clients and staff meetings
- For music clients, assist in day-to-day duties relative to tours such as speaking with the venue PR representatives, allocating media tickets and photo passes, and monitoring for review coverage. Assist in monitoring for music client press, status reports, and master music files.
- Assist with updating media lists and researching editorial calendars for client opportunities. Assist with media check-in and experience red carpet event flow at special events as needed/approved
- For all clients, search, scan, and track client press coverage as it happens.
- Build media lists and contact sheets by using Cision, IMBD Pro, Who Represents, and basic internet searches.
- Research new business and compile recent press/notable happenings to create an at-a-glance look at prospective clients and their projects.
- Attend client events, photo shoots, tapings, etc. to learn more about the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of personal publicists as needed/approved
- Create client press grids with impressions and ad values. Track breaking news announcements. Attend calls, meetings, brainstorm sessions, and attend events as approved.
- Currently enrolled student working towards a Bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university (recent graduates are not eligible for this program). Must show proof of enrollment.
- Must be able to receive college credit as this is an unpaid internship
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
- Must have interest in working in PR or Communications fields
- Office experience, preferably in a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Commitment of 20 hours a week
- Commitment to an 8-week internship term
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be a quick learner, team player, and collaborative worker
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
RKP Media, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Last Updated: November 09, 2021