232H Tichenor Hall
- Monday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Anna is the founding editor of the PERFORM: Succeeding as a Creative Professional book series, which offers practical, real-world discussions about how to make a living and a life working in film, television, and the performing arts. She publishes interviews with feminist film scholars and women directors in Film International, and her current book, Writing Women: Creating Complex Female Characters for Film and Television, is under contract with Routledge. Anna has had ten feature-length screenplays place in dozens of competitions and festivals over the years, including the Austin Film Festival, Chesterfield Writer’s Film Project, American Zoetrope, and the top 5% of the Academy Nicholl Fellowship. She has written film and television scripts for Furthur Films, Permoveo Productions, and Voyage Media, and she is currently writing several commissioned screenplays. Anna is affiliated with the Women’s Studies and Interdisciplinary Studies programs in the College of Liberal Arts. She has been teaching in the School of Communication and Journalism since 2014.
- MFA, University of California, Riverside
- BA, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Weinstein, A. (Ed.). (2017). Writing for the Screen. New York: Routledge.
- Weinstein, A. (Ed.). (2017). Directing for the Screen. New York: Routledge.
- Weinstein, A., & Qualls, C. (Eds.). (2017). Acting for the Stage. New York: Routledge.
- Advanced Screenwriting
- Introduction to Film Studies
- Hollywood & International Women Directors
- Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Advanced Interdisciplinary Problem Solving
- Interdisciplinary Studies Capstone Thesis
Last Updated: January 28, 2020