Auburn University Shanghai Internship Program
The CAPA Shanghai Global Cities Program: China on the World Stage is a one-of-a-kind opportunity if you’re looking to experience first-hand the evolution of the second most important economy in the world.
Located at center stage of China’s efforts to impact the global economy, the Shanghai Program will give you multiple opportunities to view the city through various lenses, including socio-cultural, economic, political, corporate, and technical.
In the midst of this future-orientation, China remains steeped in ancient tradition and as a student you will discover ways in which its past is shaping its future. Truly, Shanghai is much more than meets the eye! This program is offered through CAPA International Education.
Check out the video below to hear first hand from students about internship experiences!
CAPA blogger Imani Wilson wrote a blogpost about her experience in Shanghai, entitled "Living in Shanghai: The Best of ECNU Student Accomodations."
- Courses and internships in both English and Mandarin Chinese, with the option of an Intensive Language Track
- Accommodations in twin rooms in the East China Normal University dormitory
- A full day excursion to Suzhou including private transportation
- For full semesters, an overnight excursion to Hangzhou including private transportation and hotel accommodations
- For full semesters, a three day, two night visit to Beijing via high speed train including hotel accommodations and many excursions including the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, and the Forbidden City
- Participation in CAPA International Education's unique "My Education" program, offering free cultural events
- Pre-Departure and On-Site Support, Orientations, and Assistance
- Midterm formal dinner and departure ceremony
- Medical and travel Insurance provided
- A pre-paid metro card for travel around the city
- And more...
- Program Cost: $13,750 per student + Auburn study abroad fee of $677
- Visit the CAPA Blog website to learn more!
- Learn about CAPA courses.
For more information, please visit the Auburn Abroad website or the CAPA website.
Program Contact: Dr. Giovanna Summerfield, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs, Office: 315A Tichenor Hall, Email: email@example.com, Phone: 334-844-2890
Get information on scholarships available through the College of Liberal Arts.
Get information on scholarships available through CAPA.
*Students will begin to be billed (through the Bursar) 70 days before the start of the program. This is regardless of the application status. Withdrawal from the program must occur before this date to not incur fees.*
CAPA Cancellation Policy: "Because of the nature of our study abroad program, we begin making payments for services on your behalf as soon as you enroll in one of our programs. We have established the following cancellation penalties outlines below in accordance with the penalties we would incur from our overseas partners should you cancel from a program. Please note that you may incur additional cancellation penalties from your Home Institution - and that the amounts outlined below only account for the penalties that you would incur on behalf of CAPA International Education:
- If you withdraw from a program between 70 days and 60 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 59 days and 46 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 25% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 45 days and 22 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 50% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program from 21 days before the start of the program onward, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 100% of the program fees"
Spring Semester 2019: February 15 - June 1
10/15/18 - Application Deadline!
- 5 Nov 2018: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- 12 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
- 19 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
- 3 Dec 2018: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- 10 Dec 2018: No refund after this date
Fall Semester 2019: August 30 - December 14
Last Updated: March 14, 2019