Intern in London with CCE
Auburn University Community Leadership London Program
Join other Auburn University students for the opportunity to live and learn in London, one of the leading global cities of the world! A Roman town, trade center, city of poets, kings and queens, cathedrals and traditions, London is a capital city of 8 million people originating from all corners of the globe. Straddling the River Thames, it covers more square miles of elegant squares, green parks and gardens, museums, monuments, and elegant shopping streets than you could hope to explore in a lifetime. This is an ongoing program that has openings each semester and is offered through CAPA International Education.
Check out the video below to hear first hand from students about internship experiences!
Rachel Morrell's Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP0Om6ChfLY.
- Optional part-time Internship placement in any discipline
- Choice of contextual courses for up to 9 Auburn credits
- Arrival program orientation
- Arrival reception and departure party
- Local walking tour and half-day Panoramic City Coach Tour
- Choice of accommodation in shared flats (apartments) or home stays
- Breakfast and dinner provided in home stays, no meals provided if students live in apartments.
- Mid-term Spring program dinner
- Weekly program of subsidized cultural and social activities
- Full day trip to Bath and Stonehenge
- CAPA International Services Support
- Medical and travel insurance provided
- Program Cost: $18,100 per student for Fall and Spring + Auburn study abroad fee of $677
- $9,000 for Summer sessions + Auburn study abroad fee of $677
- Visit the CAPA Blog website to learn more!
- Learn about CAPA courses.
For more information, please visit the Auburn Abroad website or the CAPA website.
Program Contact: Dr. Giovanna Summerfield, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs, Office: 315A Tichenor Hall, Email: email@example.com, Phone: 334-844-2890
Get information on scholarships available through the College of Liberal Arts
Get information on scholarships available through CAPA.
*Students will begin to be billed (through the Bursar) 70 days before the start of the program. This is regardless of the application status. Withdrawal from the program must occur before this date to not incur fees.*
CAPA Cancellation Policy: "Because of the nature of our study abroad program, we begin making payments for services on your behalf as soon as you enroll in one of our programs. We have established the following cancellation penalties outlines below in accordance with the penalties we would incur from our overseas partners should you cancel from a program. Please note that you may incur additional cancellation penalties from your Home Institution - and that the amounts outlined below only account for the penalties that you would incur on behalf of CAPA International Education:
- If you withdraw from a program between 70 days and 60 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 59 days and 46 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 25% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 45 days and 22 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 50% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program from 21 days before the start of the program onward, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 100% of the program fees"
Spring Semester 2019
Dates Abroad: January 9 - April 20
Application Deadline: 10/15/18
- 5 Nov 2018: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- 12 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
- 19 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
- 3 Dec 2018: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- 10 Dec 2018: No refund after this date
Summer Sessions 2019
Session 1 Dates Abroad: May 22 - July 6
Session 2 Dates Abroad: July 14 - August 24 (Note: This date overlaps with Fall 2019 term at Auburn University campus)
Application Deadline: 3/1/19
- 10 March 2019: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- 24 March 2019: Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
- 7 April 2019: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
- 14 April 2019: Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
- 30 April 2019: No refund after this date
Last Updated: October 04, 2018