Buenos Aires, Argentina
Auburn University Buenos Aires Internship Program
Night falls on Buenos Aires, and as you email home with this week’s update, you share your experiences in this beautiful, historic city: your visits to the Evita and MALBA Art Museums; the cobblestone, café-lined streets that took you back in time; and the soccer match where you cheered like a native porteño with your new classmates. You pass along greetings from your host family, and close by reaffirming that you chose your perfect study abroad program. The city has been a delight to explore, and the neighborhood La Boca, known for the vibrantly colored houses and pedestrian street the Cainito, where tango artists perform in the street, has become one of your favorite areas. This energetic port city has long been considered the gateway to Argentina, welcoming immigrants from all over Europe and Latin America. That’s why it is no longer surprising for you to see a German church sitting next to an Italian restaurant on a street named after a Spanish saint. Through your coursework at Austral and the varied MyEducation events each week, the stories of Buenos Aires are coming together to create a mosaic of culture, spirit, and connectedness, one that you can now place yourself in as well. This program is offered through CAPA International Education.
Check out the video below to hear first hand from students about internship experiences!
- Breakfast and dinner is provided daily for students living in homestays. No meals are included for students living in student residence, but there is access to a communal kitchen and on-campus stores for purchasing food.
- Student travel and medical insurance is included.
- Students are given an arrival reception, formal midterm dinner, and departure ceremony.
- All students are provided with an arrival orientation and will be led on a walking tour of the neighborhood to help them find grocery stores, bus stops, banks, post offices, etc.
- Students will be provided with the opportunity to participate in local cultural events and festivities.
- Students participating in semester long programs will have the opportunity to participate in part-time internships.
- Program Cost:
- $14,450 for the standard program + Auburn study abroad fee of $677
- Extra cost for the extended, language intensive program.
- Read about how this internship program could help in your career path!
- Visit the CAPA Blog website to learn more!
- Here you can learn more about CAPA Courses.
For more information, please visit the The Auburn Abroad or the CAPA website.
Program Contact: Dr. Giovanna Summerfield, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs, Office: 315A Tichenor Hall, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 334-844-2890
*Students will begin to be billed (through the Bursar) 70 days before the start of the program. This is regardless of the application status. Withdrawal from the program must occur before this date to not incur fees.*
CAPA Cancellation Policy: "Because of the nature of our study abroad program, we begin making payments for services on your behalf as soon as you enroll in one of our programs. We have established the following cancellation penalties outlines below in accordance with the penalties we would incur from our overseas partners should you cancel from a program. Please note that you may incur additional cancellation penalties from your Home Institution - and that the amounts outlined below only account for the penalties that you would incur on behalf of CAPA International Education:
- If you withdraw from a program between 70 days and 60 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 59 days and 46 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 25% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program between 45 days and 22 days before the start of the program, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 50% of the program fees plus $250
- If you withdraw from a program from 21 days before the start of the program onward, you will incur the following cancellation penalties: 100% of the program fees"
Spring Semester 2019: February 27 - June 16
10/15/18 - Application Deadline!
5 Nov 2018: First half of Program Fee due to Bursar
12 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 25% penalty + $250
19 Nov 2018:Withdrawal less 50% penalty + $250
3 Dec 2018: Second half of Program Fee due to Bursar
10 Dec 2018: No refund after this date
Fall Semester 2019: July 22 - November 9
Last Updated: September 25, 2018