What is a Career Community?
A career community consists of a group of students who have career interests that fall into a specific occupational category. This model was implemented to provide a more targeted approach to guiding students through the career development process.
Our 5 CLA Career Communities focus on these fields:
- Government, public policy and international affairs
- Health administration and wellness
- Non-profit, education and social services
- Visual, written and performing arts
- Communication, journalism, public relations and media
Why Join a Career Community?
Through these communities, you will be able to:
- Cultivate your professional skills
- Receive guidance from industry experts, alumni and employers
- Gain access to alumni working in desired field of employment
- Prepare for the workplace
You will also receive two emails a month: the first one on/near the beginning of the month, and the second in the middle of the month.
Your first email will include:
- Employer on-campus events
- CLA Career Services events
- Career Community specific employer/alumni events
Your second email will include:
- Internship links
- Job links
- Professional development tips and tricks
BENEFITS OF A CAREER COMMUNITY, YOU ASK? Early registration for most Career Services events and exclusive invites to special events such as dining etiquette seminars, AUsome Alumni Day and CLA Career Day.