Become an Affiliate
Criteria for Faculty Affiliation With Auburn University’s Women’s Studies Program:
Women’s Studies faculty include all faculty under current contract with Auburn University whose teaching, research, and/or service is substantially and appropriately connected to the Women’s Studies Program, as determined by the Women’s Studies Advisory Committee.
To become a faculty affiliate of Women’s Studies, please supply the following materials to the Advisory Committee (c/o the program director):
- a cover letter describing any previous experience with a women’s studies or gender studies program;
- a current CV;
- a description of any courses you currently teach or hope to teach for the Women’s Studies minor or the graduate minor.
- Please also indicate if you have an interest in teaching WMST 2100, the Introduction to Women’s Studies course, and if you are interested in serving on the Advisory Committee or other Women’s Studies Committees.
Pending approval by the Advisory Committee, the Director of the Women’s Studies Program will notify you and your department head of the decision.
Faculty affiliation will be renewed periodically.
Benefits of being an affiliated faculty member of WSP:
- Only courses taught by affiliated faculty members will count toward the WSP minor or graduate minor.
- Only affiliated faculty may vote on decisions affecting WSP.
- Affiliated faculty are eligible for WSP funds.
Affiliated faculty can request class visits from other WSP affiliated faculty members. Note that the AU Faculty Handbook includes peer evaluation of teaching along with student evaluation, as a valid and recommended evaluation tool for all faculty.
Last Updated: September 24, 2013