The Auburn University Health Administration program is an established chapter of the Upsilon Phi Delta (UPD) Health Care Honorary Society. The goal of the society is to further the professional competence and dedication of individual members in and for the profession of healthcare management.
The purpose of UPD is to:
- Recognize students who achieve distinction in healthcare administration and management studies in universities and colleges.
- Motivate academic excellence in students studying healthcare administration and management.
- Recognize by means of granting honorary memberships, individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the profession.
- Uphold and develop high professional standards and ethics for members of the profession.
UPD membership can be cited by students as an enhancement to their resumes and/or graduate school applications. In addition, students inducted into UPD receive a membership certificate suitable for framing and cords which can be worn as part of graduation regalia.
Members are selected on the basis of academic achievements (HADM GPA 3.25 or greater for last the 18 hours of HADM classes taken), service to the community and/or contributions to the healthcare management profession.
Applications for membership are taken twice a year; at the end each Fall and Spring Semester.
Students who are interested in becoming a member of UPD should:
- Fill out an application and email it to HADM@auburn.edu.
- Forward an online copy of your transcripts to HADM@auburn.edu.
Students who wish to wear their cords in graduation ceremonies should make their applications no later than four weeks prior to graduation.
Last Updated: July 14, 2017